What are the benefits of implementing chatbots on my website?
Back in the 80s, science fiction introduced us to Mother, the central computer that advised the passengers of the Nostromo how to fight against the terrible xenomorph of the movie Alien, the eighth passenger. Mother was an artificial intelligence and also a chatbot. If chatbots are talking robots, how are chatbots and content marketing related?
What exactly are chatbots?
Chatbots are specific types of robots. And robots are computer systems; that is, software. Programs designed to be able to perform certain tasks on their own. Technology is a constant that has penetrated so much in our lives that we do not realize that we have already incorporated the use of many of those bots.
Chatbots are software designed to talk, to simulate conversations. If the design is good enough, those conversations will be totally believable. The human being will believe that he is having a real conversation with another human being. Many of these chatbots are incorporated into the help services of web pages. In many cases, the internet chat windows are not carried by a human being, but by a chatbot.
Functions of chatbots and content marketing
As we said, the main functions of chatbots today are related to customer service. This opens a wide range of opportunities for joint action of chatbots and content marketing. Many restaurants, for example, the American Taco Bell, have incorporated a chatbot that can take the customer’s order through a conversation. It is a very simple type of conversation, at least at the beginning. However, let’s see how it can be developed to be part of a content marketing strategy.
Content marketing strategy from a simple chatbot
- In a first interaction, the chatbot asks for an identification. This way you already know the user. This happens when the bot asks for a username.
- From that moment on, the chatbot can add information to the client file. This information is actually data that the company will be able to analyze later.
- The chatbot will give you order options. First courses, seconds, desserts, sides, sauces, drinks and suggestions.
- Order after order, artificial intelligence will gather information that can be used in two ways.
- First, you can treat each user individually. Asking about the last order, making increasingly precise suggestions and becoming an expert waiter. Thus, the chatbot and content the marketing become the same thing. Through the content, facilitated by the user, the chatbot becomes an expert. Becoming an expert generates trust. Trust generates commitment and commitment increases sales.
- Secondly, as the program speaks with thousands of customers, the company can filter the information, segment it and use it to launch offers in different places and for different audiences.
In this last sense, the chatbot is a great complement to a blog. In fact, chatbot and content marketing are condemned to coexist and understand each other. A good news page that refers to a well-designed chatbot will increase the time spent on the web. This has a direct impact on positioning. The visibility therefore increases. This, in turn, has an impact on indirect sales.
Are you interested in incorporating chatbots to tour content marketing strategy? Visit DES Madrid and learn how to do it best.